Will Child Support Take My Third Stimulus Check

Child support payments are not taken from the third stimulus check. Families with children who are eligible for the child tax credit will receive the full amount of the stimulus check, even if they are receiving child support payments. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which authorized the third stimulus checks, specifically states that the payments are not subject to offset for past-due child support. This means that parents receiving child support will not have their stimulus checks reduced or withheld to cover any outstanding child support payments.
: Seri ◦ enneenne

Parent Support Enforcement Program

The Parent Support Enforcement Program (PSEP) is a federal program that helps states collect child support. The program intercepts federal payments, such as stimulus checks, tax refunds, and Social Security benefits, and applies them to child support debts. In some cases, the PSEP may also intercept state payments, such as lottery winnings and unemployment benefits.

The PSEP is designed to ensure that children receive the financial support they need to grow and thrive. The program has been very effective in collecting child support, and has helped to reduce child poverty.

How the PSEP Works

  • When a parent owes child support, the state may file a case with the PSEP.
  • The PSEP will then intercept federal payments that the parent is entitled to.
  • The intercepted funds will be applied to the parent’s child support debt.

The PSEP can intercept a variety of federal payments, including:

  • Stimulus checks
  • Tax refunds
  • Social Security benefits
  • Lottery winnings
  • Unemployment benefits

How to Avoid Having Your Stimulus Check Intercepted

If you owe child support, the best way to avoid having your stimulus check intercepted is to make sure that you are up-to-date on your payments.

You can also contact the PSEP to set up a payment plan. A payment plan will allow you to pay off your child support debt gradually, without having your stimulus check intercepted.

More Information

For more information about the PSEP, please visit the following website:


: Diplomatって何dze уже: Synag,簌middelsmiddelsmiddelsmiddels

Federal Tax Refund Offset Program

The Federal Tax Refund Offset Program is a program that allows the federal government to withhold your tax refund if you have unpaid debts to certain federal agencies, including the IRS and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

If you have unpaid child support, the HHS can offset your tax refund to collect the debt. This means that the government can take all or a portion of your refund to pay off the debt.

The amount of your tax refund that can be offset depends on the amount of child support you owe and the amount of your refund.

  • If you owe less than the amount of your refund, the government will offset the entire amount of your debt.
  • If you owe more than the amount of your refund, the government will offset the amount of your refund up to the amount of your debt.

The government will not offset your tax refund if you are currently making regular child support payments under a court order or administrative order.

How to Avoid Having Your Tax Refund Offset

There are a few things you can do to avoid having your tax refund offset:

  • Make regular child support payments under a court order or administrative order.
  • Contact your state’s child support enforcement agency and set up a payment plan.
  • Request a hardship waiver from the HHS.

If you have any questions about the Federal Tax Refund Offset Program, you should contact the HHS at 1-800-333-9766.

What to Do if Your Tax Refund Has Been Offset

If your tax refund has been offset, you should contact the HHS at 1-800-333-9766. You can also file a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, to claim the portion of your refund that you are entitled to.

Well, there it is, folks! We hope this article has helped clear up any confusion about whether or not your third stimulus check will be affected by child support. The bottom line is that it depends on your specific circumstances. If you have any doubts, it’s always best to contact your local child support agency or a financial advisor. Thanks for reading, and come back again soon for more informative and engaging content!